Reasons To Obtain Dual Citizenship In 2022
Second citizenship has become a popular choice for high-net-worth individuals looking to invest their money in good opportunities. There are many benefits of second citizenship, including living and working in another country, traveling freely, and access to better education and healthcare.
Dual citizenship itself is becoming increasingly popular and growing in acceptance. A paper published in Migration Studies (Vink, 2019), reinforces this claim by reporting that the number of states that tolerate dual citizenship has increased from 33% to 75% worldwide in the last 50 years.
If you’ve considered getting dual citizenship, but aren’t sure whether you want to take the plunge, take a look at some of the ways second citizenship benefits you!
- Travel the world, visa-free: Traveling visa-free to numerous destinations worldwide is not only convenient, but it’s also liberating to be able to pack up at a moment’s notice and go wherever in the world your second passport allows you, without needing to submit reams of documents and seeking approval first. Some passports will let you travel to more than 190 countries without a visa, while some will let you travel to less than 30. For Instance, a Malta Passport will let you travel visa-free to more than 180 countries. Likewise, a St Kitts and Nevis passport will let you travel to about 140 destinations visa-free.
- Improved safety and security: People get insurance when they’re healthy to protect themselves if they get sick. In the same manner, people get second citizenship to protect themselves if something happens that makes living in their home country dangerous or undesirable. In times of political instability or conflict, having a second passport from a different country can help you and your loved ones escape to a haven.
- Better life and lifestyle: Applying for citizenship in another country can also be your means of achieving a better life and lifestyle for your family than is available in your home country. The best way to guarantee a prosperous future for your children is second citizenship. For instance, if you want a more laidback lifestyle for your family, you may apply for an Antigua and Barbuda citizenship or a St Kitts and Nevis citizenship and live there, in the Caribbean, enjoying majestic sea views, fresh air, and freshly caught seafood. If your priority is to protect your hard-earned assets, you may consider obtaining citizenship in Malta. Malta has robust financial infrastructures and well-established tax-friendly regimes.
- Increased investment and business opportunities: Businesspeople with multiple passports enjoy increased investment and business opportunities around the world. When you can move freely between countries, it is easier to do business in multiple locations. Additionally, countries with high taxation or stringent business regulations may not be as attractive to foreign investors. With dual citizenship, you invest in countries that have more favorable business conditions.
- Increased career opportunities: Holding multiple citizenships can also open up new career opportunities. If you are a lawyer, doctor, or engineer, and you hold citizenship in two countries, it makes you more marketable because you can work in either country without having to obtain a work visa.
There are several reasons why second citizenship can benefit you and your family. Whether you’re looking to improve your passport’s visa-free travel privileges or want to have another option in a crisis, having second citizenship can give you peace of mind.
Are you ready for your second citizenship?
Our Partners will be hosting an exclusive webinar with the Antigua and Barbuda government represented by the CEO of the citizenship by investment program by 3 pm, on Friday the 5th of August, 2022.
The webinar will provide insight into the acquisition of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship within 90–120 days, as well as the generational benefits of the passport amongst others, such as its visa-free access to over 150 countries. Click here to register as the slots are limited.
If you are ready for your second citizenship and would like to know more about the countries and the program to invest in? Click here to fill out this form and our onboarding team will guide you through the process.